1. Mix the wheat flour and refined flour together, and knead into soft and sticky dough.
2. Cover and keep aside for 2-3 hours.
3. Shape the dough into small walnut-sized rounds.
4. Place a shallow griddle or kadhai upside down over the stove, and heat it.
5. While waiting for the griddle or kadhai to get hot, roll out the roti.
6. This takes a lot of practice as the roti should be almost translucent. The dough will have to be dusted with dry flour often, as it is sticky and soft.
7. When it is rolled out, keeping the heat on high, place the roti over the griddle and leave for 10-12 seconds, or until small bubbles start appearing over the surface, and the underside is a light brown.
8. Turn-over at once and cook till the other side is a speckled brown too.
9. Remove from the griddle. Fold it into quarters and serve.